Refractory Installation System
Refractory Installation System (RIS):
Induction Furnace Heating Equipment
- 25 kg bags of refractory are replaced with bulk bags of material to load the hopper; eliminating back injury and carpal tunnel syndrome from continuous forking
- Maximum of 2 workers operate the equipment regardless of furnace size; saves labor costs.
- Furnaces (in particular larger furnaces) are lined faster than manual linings
- 2 inches (50 mm) of material is added per rotation with uninterrupted forking for a denser lining; promoting longer lining life.
- Longer lining life requires fewer annual linings and cost savings.
- Longer lining life also produces higher tonnage per campaign
- Customer’s with furnaces ranging 1-4 tons reported 23% average increased lining life
- Air samples for respirable silica produced results at or below OSHA’s Permissible Exposure Level of 50µg/m³. for environmental protection of workers
- Gradmatic can manufacture a system to line multiple furnace sizes
For more information on advantages, see technical paper